If you attend one of the incredibly rehabilitative FST sessions at Bodies in Balance, you’ll be surprised to find that your massage therapist will move your body in some subtle, expected ways in order to get a great stretch. Your joints will get gentle “pull-push” movements that are aimed towards improving your posture and may almost cause you to feel as if you’re floating; one woman who’d previously tried this type of massage therapy practice explained to Shape
“…The tension is gone from my shoulders and I realize that I really am standing taller.”
As you take deep breaths and allow your massage therapist to stretch you in a multitude of ways, you’ll experience stretches that you didn’t even know your body needed.
5 Amazing Benefits of FST That Can Make a Difference
- No Pain – although the body may be aching from tough workouts, fascial stretch therapy should provide more relief than pain.
- Enhanced Recovery – there’s a lot of soreness that follows fast movements, heavy weightlifting, and strenuous activity. FST helps to increase blood flow for tired muscles, which ultimately makes for an enhanced recovery experience.
- Improved Performance – a 2018 study conducted by researchers in Ireland found that, for sports athletes, FST provided them with greater range of movement, better quality of movement, less fatigue and more control afterwards.
- Rehabilitation – sports injuries are not fun for anyone, but fascial stretch therapy specifically helps break up scar tissue and increases the range of motion in those areas where it hurts.
- Supported Weight Loss – while not a primary goal for FST, many people find that their weight loss goals are supported because, after massage therapy, the aching of muscles subsides and individuals generally feel better to get moving again.
Tips for Your Next FST Session: Getting Comfortable
The next time you decide to seek some healing and restoration from FST, make sure that you wear some comfortable clothing that’s easy to stretch in. Yoga pants, sweatpants, baggy shirts and cozy socks make it that much easier for your body to breathe while engaging in some meaningful movements. If you’d like to learn even more about fascial stretch therapy and what it can offer you, call Bodies in Balance today to schedule an appointment.
Bodies in Balance is an exceptional massage therapy practice based in Flagstaff, AZ,
that aims to help clients relieve pain, improve athletic performance, and reduce stress
with high-quality therapeutic bodywork and outstanding customer service. To schedule
your next much-needed massage, call us today at 928-853-5765. With therapists who
have years of experience - and with an emphasis placed on personalized wellness plans -
you’ll have no problem moving forward with a massage therapy regime that will uplift
your mind, body and spirit to new heights.